Friday, December 30, 2005

For 2006: Resolutions

Insult of the day: Here's a New Year's resolution for you: Die!!!

I am one of those people who just have to multi-task. I'm not very good at it - anybody who has talked to me on the phone can tell you that. But it's a habit that I have found very hard to kick, like. Just now, as I performed whatever it is us homo sapiens perform with a toilet bowl, I wrote a list. Not just any random list. I listed down my resolutions, and my two yearly lists - My Top 10 Songs for 2005, and 10 Things I've Learnt In 2005. First up, of course, is the list that I most probably won't give two shits about by March: My Resolutions. Currently, it's 1024X768.

Why make them anyway? Well, achieving 2 out of 10 is better than nothing.

My New Year's Resolutions for 2006
1) Catch up with National Service-deprived sleep (a.k.a 'Do Not Play The Computer Till Late')
2) Finish reading all 5 books of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
3) Finish writing my chronicle and my epic
4) Get my driver's license
5) Stop pretending I have a license...to kill
6) Have a goal ratio of at least a goal every two games (talking bout soccer here)
7) Is my favourite number. Oasis is my favourite band. 23rd February, I MUST catch them at the Indoor Stadium.
8) Continue the ongoing process of rebuilding my confidence
9) Save up enough to visit Alvin at New York by November
10)Get MINIMUM straight Bs for my A-Levels

2005 was a fantastic year, despite the harshness of National Service. I made so many new friends, all of whom are fantastic. Geri, Raihan, Khairul Arifin, Tze Tong, Anuar, Muhardi, Quzair, Edmund, Wee Hung, Kennard... And that's just naming a small portion of them. The friends I've had for years - those whom I would trust with my life - like Nazir (my best friend for what is coming to our 9th year of comradeship), Nas, Halim, Mus, Aizat, Aisyah (a.k.a Jamal), Is, Cheryl (who's probably more insane than all the rest combined, but whom I still somehow love), Fadz, Zameer, Jamie, Nicolle, Alvin, Sylvester, Russell, Jon (I'd go on naming quite a number of people more, but I have this thing called typing stamina, and desire to go play championship manager)... They've been the very reason why I could get through this year without too many...cerebral mishaps. And for that I thank you all.

I'm definitely looking forward to 2006. It's gonna be a fantastic year.

No comments: